(National Occupational Classification - 2011/2016 NOC Code: 6222)
A well-established Direct Diamond Source and Jewellery Manufacturer with multiple retail store locations across Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada is looking for a Wholesale Buyer to join our team. This is a long term and permanent full time position reporting directly to the Vice President and Director.
Company Operating Name: Fame Diamonds Inc.
Business Address: 942 Park Royal South, West Vancouver, BC V7T 2W4 Canada
Job Title: Wholesale Buyer
No. of Positions: 1
Job Description and Duties:
• Purchase merchandise for resale
• Review requirements of establishment and determine quantity and type of merchandise to purchase
• Study market reports, trade periodicals and sales promotion materials and visit trade shows, showrooms, factories and product design events
• Examine and explore the trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and effect of competitors' operations on sales
• Select the merchandise which best fits the establishment's requirements
• Test new products and research their place in the market
• Manage the marketing and public Relations of all brands/ products for the online store including forecasting, category analysis and inventory management with effective inventory reporting and merchandising information
• Establish and maintain contact with suppliers
• Interview suppliers and negotiate prices, discounts, credit terms and transportation arrangements
• Oversee distribution of merchandise to outlets and maintain adequate stock levels
Terms of Employment: Permanent Full Time, Long Term
Hours of Work: 37.50 hours per week
Wages: $25.00 per hour
Overtime: One and one-half times the regular wage rate as per provincial regulations
• WorkSafeBC insurance covered by employer
• 4% vacation pay as per provincial regulations will be paid each payday on a bi-weekly basis
• Extended medical and health benefits
Location of Work: 942 Park Royal South, West Vancouver, BC V7T 2W4 Canada
• Completion of Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Commerce or Marketing.
• Specialized knowledge in gold and silver metal jewellery, gemstone fine jewellery and expertise in diamonds and gemology - Product Development; Product Selection; Pricing; Negotiation; Merchandise Needs Analysis; Market Analysis; Sales, Marketing, Distribution; Buying
At least four years of experience required in the diamond, gold and silver jewellery and gemology wholesale buying and merchandising field with some Canadian experience.
Preference to Canadian citizens, Canadian Permanent Residents, New Immigrants, Indigenous Persons, Aboriginals and Youth
If interested in this position, please apply by email to us at FameDiamonds@Outlook.com with resume and cover letter. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.